Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Pad


July 12, 2010

Picture from outside my pad



After a long struggle in the U.S. to find a place to live here, I was relieved to finally find a 2 and a half bedroom apartment about a 7 minute walk from HUC! My roommate, Eliana, is from L.A. and will be moving here at the end of August to go to Conservative Yeshiva which is also close by. I’m looking forward to meeting her soon. Until then, I’m living by myself. It’s a great place and completely furnished. When I say furnished, I mean more than just furniture. There are towels, fans, blankets, dishes, of course mezuzot and menorot..etc. The tenants before me were HUC students and they left behind things like shampoo, conditioner and school supplies. All of these things have made my move here much easier. Now don’t get me wrong- this place has its issues (like the layer of sand that is still covering most things in the kitchen or how the TV will not turn on), but all in all I feel very fortunate. I have huge windows in my room that let in a highly desired breeze in the evening.

Picture of my windows with a great view


3 comments:

  1. ah I miss that apartment! and about the sand...unfortunately, it comes with the territory of living in Israel. I still find sand in some of my stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing so much. Benny & I will learn a lot from you this year. Benny wants to know if you have found a nice pizza joint yet, and he hopes you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don't have a favorite pizza place- but I'm totally working on it! Hope you guys are enjoying the summer!

    ReplyDelete